Activist (14-Sep-1879 6-Sep-1966)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jean H. Baker. Margaret Sanger: A Life of Passion. Macmillan. 2011. 368pp.
Ellen Chesler. Woman of Valor: Margaret Sanger and the Birth Control Movement in America. Simon & Schuster. 1992. 468pp.
Angela Franks. Margaret Sanger's Eugenic Legacy: The Control of Female Fertility. McFarland. 2005. 352pp.
Madeline Gray. Margaret Sanger: A Biography of the Champion of Birth Control. New York: Richard Marek. 1979. 494pp.
David M. Kennedy. Birth Control in America: The Career of Margaret Sanger. Yale University Press. 1970. 320pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.983)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.623)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1294)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.916)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.667)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.644)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.411)
- Almanac of American Women in the 20th Century (p.36)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.286)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.946)
- Obituaries from the Times 1961-1970 (p.705)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.424)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications