Author (8-Oct-1920 11-Feb-1986)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Brian Herbert. Dreamer of Dune: The Biography of Frank Herbert. New York: Tor. 2003. 576pp.
Willis E. McNelly. The Dune Encyclopedia: The Complete, Authorized Guide and Companion to Frank Herbert's Masterpiece of the Imagination. New York: Berkley. 1984. 526pp.
Tim O'Reilly. Frank Herbert, the Maker of Dune: Insights of a Master of Science Fiction: The Definitive Guide to the Life Work of Science Fiction's Grandest Creator. New York: Berkley. 1987. 279pp.
William F. Touponce. Frank Herbert. Boston, MA: Twayne. 1988. 136pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.305)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.116)
- World Authors 1970-1975 (pp.375-77)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.229)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.466)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.329)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.233)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.2, pp.395-97)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.49)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications