Inventor (29-Dec-1800 1-Jul-1860)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Richard I. Korman. The Goodyear Story: An Inventor's Obsession and the Struggle for a Rubber Monopoly. San Francisco: Encounter Books. 2001.
Charles Slack. Noble Obsession: Charles Goodyear, Thomas Hancock, and the Race to Unlock the Greatest Industrial Secret of the Nineteenth Century. Hyperion. 2003. 288pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.460)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.606)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.414)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.282)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.214)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.208)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.353)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.202)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.126)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications