Activist (25-Dec-1821 12-Apr-1912)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Clara Barton. The Story of My Childhood: By Clara Barton. Baker & Taylor. 1907. 125pp.
William Eleazar Barton. The Life of Clara Barton: Founder of the American Red Cross. Houghton Mifflin. 1922.
David Henry Burton. Clara Barton: In the Service of Humanity. Greenwood Publishing Group. 1995. 176pp.
Percy Harold Epler. The Life of Clara Barton. Macmillan. 1915. 438pp.
Stephen B. Oates. A Woman of Valor: Clara Barton and the Civil War. Simon and Schuster. 1995. 527pp.
Elizabeth Brown Pryor. Clara Barton: Professional Angel. University of Pennsylvania Press. 1988. 476pp.
Ishbel Ross. Angel of the Battlefield: The Life of Clara Barton. Harper & Row. 1965. 305pp.
Blanche Colton Williams. Clara Barton: Daughter of Destiny. J. B. Lippincott Company. 1941. 468pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.66)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.112)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.71)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.42)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.44)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.52)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.68)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.50)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.18)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications