Judge (24-Sep-1755 6-Jul-1835)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Leonard Baker. John Marshall: A Life in Law. New York: Macmillan. 1974. 845pp.
Albert J. Beveridge. The Life of John Marshall. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company. 1916-19. (4 vols.)
Herbert A. Johnson. The Chief Justiceship of John Marshall, 1801-1835. University of South Carolina Press. 1998. 270pp.
R. Kent Newmyer. John Marshall and the Heroic Age of the Supreme Court. Louisiana State University Press. 2001. 485pp.
David Scott Robarge. A Chief Justice's Progress: John Marshall from Revolutionary Virginia to the Supreme Court. Greenwood Publishing Group. 2000. 364pp.
Jean Edward Smith. John Marshall: Definer of a Nation. New York: Henry Holt. 1996. 736pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.748)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.977)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.691)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.511)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.656)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.474)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.330)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (pp.642-45)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.179)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications