Novelist (born 8-May-1937)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Paul Maltby. Dissident Postmodernists: Barthelme, Coover, Pynchon. University of Pennsylvania Press. 1991. 215pp.
Dana Medoro. The Bleeding of America: Menstruation as Symbolic Economy in Pynchon, Faulkner, and Morrison. Greenwood Press. 2002. 184pp.
Thomas Moore. The Style of Connectedness: Gravity's Rainbow and Thomas Pynchon. University of Missouri Press. 1987. 312pp.
Elaine B. Safer. The Contemporary American Comic Epic: The Novels of Barth, Pynchon, Gaddis and Kesey. Wayne State University Press. 1988. 216pp.
Victoria de Zwaan. Interpreting Radical Metaphor in the Novel: Experimental Fictions of Donald Barthelme, Thomas Pynchon, and Kathy Acker. Edwin Mellen Press. 2002. 172pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1202)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.196)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.1033-36)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.620)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.406)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.1175-76)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.844)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.1253)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.592)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.409)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, p.145)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.12)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications