Business, Politician (9-Mar-1824 21-Jun-1893)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Bertha Berner. Mrs. Leland Stanford: An Intimate Account. Stanford University Press. 1934. 231pp.
George T. Clark. Leland Stanford: War Governor of California: Railroad Builder and Founder of Stanford University. Stanford University Press. 1931. 491pp.
Edwin Palmer Hoyt. Leland Stanford. Abelard-Schuman. 1967. 160pp.
Norman E. Tutorow. Leland Stanford: Man of Many Careers. Pacific Coast Publishers. 1971. 317pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1049)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1386)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.974)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.689)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.993)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications