|e. e. cummings|
Poet (14-Oct-1894 3-Sep-1962)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Barry Ahearn (editor). Pound/Cummings: The Correspondence of Ezra Pound and E.E. Cummings. University of Michigan Press. 1996. 442pp.
Stanley V. Baum (editor). E. E. Cummings and the Critics. East Lansing, MI: Michigan State University Press. 1962. 220pp. Contributions from 35 critics.
Milton A. Cohen. Poet and Painter: The Aesthetics of E. E. Cumming's Early Work. Wayne State University Press. 1987. 264pp.
F. W. Dupee; George Stade (editors). Selected Letters of e. e. cummings. New York: Harcourt, Brace, and World. 1969. 296pp.
George J. Firmage. E. E. Cummings: A Bibliography. Wesleyan University Press. 1960. 129pp.
Norman Friedman. E. E. Cummings: The Art of His Poetry. Johns Hopkins University Press. 1960.
Norman Friedman (editor). E. E. Cummings: A Collection of Critical Essays. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. 1972. 185pp.
Norman Friedman. E. E. Cummings: The Growth of a Writer. Southern Illinois University Press. 1964.
Martin Heusser. I Am My Writing: The Poetry of E. E. Cummings. Tuebingen, Germany: Stauffenburg Verlag. 1997. 359pp.
Richard S. Kennedy. Dreams in the Mirror: A Biography of E. E. Cummings. New York: Liveright. 1980.
Richard S. Kennedy. E. E. Cummings Revisited. Twayne. 1993. 155pp.
Rushworth M. Kidder. E. E. Cummings: An Introduction to the Poetry. Columbia University Press. 1979. 275pp.
Gary Lane. I Am: A Study of E. E. Cummings' Poems. University Press of Kansas. 1976. 134pp.
Paul Lauter. E. E. Cummings: Index to First Lines and Bibliography of Works by and About the Poet. Folcroft Library Editions. 1973.
Katharine Winters McBride. A Concordance to the Complete Poems of e. e. cummings. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press. 1988. 1006pp.
Charles Norman. The Magic-Maker: E. E. Cummings. New York: MacMillan & Co.. 1958. 400pp.
Taimi Olsen. Transcending Space: Architectural Places in Works by Henry David Thoreau, E. E. Cummings, and John Barth. Bucknell University Press. 1999. 145pp.
Christopher Sawyer-Laucanno. E. E. Cummings: A Biography. Naperville, IL: Sourcebooks Inc.. 2004.
Robert E. Wegner. Poetry and Prose of E. E. Cummings. New York: Harcourt, Brace & World. 1965. 177pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.254)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.166)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.160)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.371)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.240)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.80)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.60)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.339)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.179)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.242)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.166)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.129)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.196)
- Obituaries from the Times 1961-1970 (p.175)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.72)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.59)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.4)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications