Activist (c. 1797 26-Nov-1883)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Arthur H. Fauset. Sojourner Truth: God's Faithful Pilgrim. University of North Carolina Press. 1938. 187pp.
Suzanne Pullon Fitch; Roseann M. Mandziuk. Sojourner Truth as Orator: Wit, Story, and Song. Greenwood Publishing Group. 1997. 238pp.
Carleton Mabee; with Susan Mabee Newhouse. Sojourner Truth: Slave, Prophet, Legend. NYU Press. 1993. 293pp.
Victoria Ortiz. Sojourner Truth: A Self-Made Woman. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott. 1974. 157pp.
Nell Irvin Painter. Sojourner Truth: A Life, a Symbol. New York: W. W. Norton. 1996. 370pp.
Hertha Pauli. Her Name Was Sojourner Truth. New York City: Appleton-Century-Crofts. 1962. 250pp.
Erlene Stetson; Linda David. Glorying in Tribulation: The Lifework of Sojourner Truth. MSU Press. 1994. 242pp.
Sojourner Truth; with Olive Gilbert. Narrative of Sojourner Truth, a Northern Slave, Emancipated from Bodily Servitude by the State of New York. Boston: The Author. 1850.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1129)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1477)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1054)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1049)
- 100 Greatest African Americans: A Biographical Encyclopedia (pp.284-88)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.741)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.470)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.488)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.1098)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.888)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications