Doctor (3-Feb-1821 31-May-1910)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Rachel Baker. The First Woman Doctor: The Story of Elizabeth Blackwell, M.D.. New York City: J. Messner Inc.. 1944. 246pp.
Elizabeth Blackwell. Pioneer Work in Opening the Medical Profession to Women. Exmouth Place, UK: Katharine Barry Blackwell. 1895. 288pp.
Dorothy Clarke Wilson. Lone Woman: The Story of Elizabeth Blackwell, the First Woman Doctor. London: Little Brown & Co.. 1970. 469pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.56)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.111)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.122)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.106)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.55)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications