Comic, Radio Personality (31-May-1894 17-Mar-1956)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Fred Allen. Much Ado About Me. Boston Atlantic Monthly Press. 1956. 380pp.
Fred Allen. Treadmill to Oblivion. Boston, MA: Atlantic Monthly Press/Little, Brown and Company. 1954. 240pp.
Fred Allen. "all the sincerity in hollywood...": Selections from the Writings of Radio's Legendary Comedian, Fred Allen. Golden, CO: Fulcrum Publishing. 2001. 256pp.
Alan R. Havig. Fred Allen's Radio Comedy. Temple University Press. 1990. 287pp.
Joe McCarthy (editor). Fred Allen's Letters. Vintage Books7. 1954. Republished by Doubleday in 1965.
Robert Taylor. Fred Allen: His Life and Wit. Boston: Little, Brown & Co.. 1989. 340pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.12)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.22)
- The Encyclopedia of Television (vol.1, pp.38-40)
- The New York Times Encyclopedia of Television (p.13)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.6)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.332)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications