Explorer (1651 1715)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
William Hallam Bonner. Captain William Dampier: Buccaneer-Author. Stanford University Press. 1934. 234pp.
Alex S. George. William Dampier in New Holland: Australia's First Natural Historian. Bloomings Books. 1999. 171pp.
Anton Gill. The Devil's Mariner: A Life of William Dampier, Pirate and Explorer, 1651-1715. Michael Joseph. 1997. 396pp.
Christopher Lloyd. William Dampier. Archon Books. 1966. 164pp.
Adrian Mitchell. Dampier's Monkey: The South Seas Voyages of William Dampier. Wakefield Press. 2010. 568pp.
Diana Preston; Michael Preston. A Pirate of Exquisite Mind: The Life of William Dampier: Explorer, Naturalist, and Buccaneer. Doubleday. 2004. 372pp.
Clennell Wilkinson. William Dampier. John Lane. 1929. 257pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.382)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.105)
- British Authors Before 1800 (p.135)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.134)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.86)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.132)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.162)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications