Politician (5-Dec-1902 26-Jun-2003)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jack Bass. Strom: The Complicated Personal and Political Life of Strom Thurmond. New York, New York: Public Affairs. 2005. 224pp.
Jack Bass; Marilyn W. Thompson. Ol' Strom: An Unauthorized Biography of Strom Thurmond. Atlanta: Longstreet Press. 1998. 359pp.
Nadine Cohodas. Strom Thurmond and the Politics of Southern Change. New York: Simon & Schuster. 1993. 574pp.
Joseph C. Ellers. Strom Thurmond: The Public Man. Orangeburg, SC: Sandlapper Press. 1993. 268pp.
Alberta Lachicotte. Rebel Senator: Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. New York: The Devin-Adair Company. 1966. 255pp.
Essie Mae Washington-Williams; with William Stadiem. Dear Senator: A Memoir by the Daughter of Strom Thurmond. Regan Books. 2005. 240pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.699)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1039)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.502)
- Washington Almanac, Revised Edition (pp.48-50)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.733)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.186)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications