Radio Personality (7-Apr-1897 20-Feb-1972)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Neal Gabler. Walter Winchell: Gossip, Power and the Culture of Celebrity. New York: Vintage. 1995. 681pp.
St. Clair McKelway. Gossip: The Life and Times of Walter Winchell. New York: Viking Press. 1940. 150pp.
John Mosedale. The Men Who Invented Broadway: Damon Runyon, Walter Winchell, and Their World. New York, NY: Richard Marek Publishers. 1981. 321pp.
Lyle Stuart. The Secret Life of Walter Winchell. New York: Boar's Head Books. 1953. 253pp.
Ed Weiner. Let's Go to Press: A Profile of Walter Winchell. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1955.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.760)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1147)
- Les Brown's Encyclopedia of Television (p.619)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.805)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.518)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.5, p.151)
- The New York Times Encyclopedia of Television (p.476)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.60)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications