Poet (16-May-1929 27-Mar-2012)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jane R. Cooper (editor). Reading Adrienne Rich: Reviews and Re-Visions, 1951-81. Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan Press. 1984.
Myriam Diaz-Diocaretz. Translating Poetic Discourse: Questions on Feminist Strategies in Adrienne Rich. John Benjamins Publishing Co.. 1985. 167pp.
Myriam Diaz-Diocaretz. The Transforming Power of Language: The Poetry of Adrienne Rich. Utrecht, Netherlands: Hes & De Graff B. V.. 1984. 75pp.
Nick Halpern. Everyday and Prophetic: The Poetry of Lowell, Ammons, Merrill, and Rich. University of Wisconsin Press. 2003. 296pp.
David Kalstone. Five Temperaments: Elizabeth Bishop, Robert Lowell, James Merrill, Adrienne Rich, John Ashbery. Oxford University Press. 1977. 212pp.
Claire Keyes. The Aesthetics of Power: The Poetry of Adrienne Rich. University of Georgia Press. 1986. 216pp.
Cheri Colby Langdell. Adrienne Rich: The Moment of Change. Praeger Publishers. 2004. 277pp.
Wendy Martin. An American Triptych: Anne Bradstreet, Emily Dickinson, Adrienne Rich. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina Press. 1984. 272pp.
Andrea O'Reilly. From Motherhood to Mothering: The Legacy of Adrienne Rich's Of Woman Born. State University of New York Press. 2004.
Krista Ratcliffe. Anglo-American Feminist Challenges to the Rhetorical Traditions: Virginia Woolf, Mary Daly, and Adrienne Rich. Southern Illinois University Press. 1995. 227pp.
Dale Spender. Women of Ideas and What Men Have Done to Them: From Aphra Behn to Adrienne Rich. Routledge/Kegan Paul. 1982. 586pp.
Paul Wadden. The Rhetoric of Self in Robert Bly and Adrienne Rich: Doubling and the Holotropic Urge. Peter Lang. 2003. 174pp.
Craig Werner. Adrienne Rich: The Poet and Her Critics. American Library Association. 1988.
Liz Yorke. Adrienne Rich: Passion, Politics and the Body. SAGE Publications. 1998.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- New York Times Obituary [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.594)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.199)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.638)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.166)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.1207-09)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.868)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.202)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.1299)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.608)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.392)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.421)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.102)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.898)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.274)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (pp.760-62)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications