Author, Screenwriter (9-Dec-1905 10-Sep-1976)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Bruce Cook. Dalton Trumbo: A Biography of the Oscar-winning Screenwriter Who Broke the Hollywood Blacklist. New York: Scribner's. 1977. 343pp.
Peter Hanson. Dalton Trumbo, Hollywood Rebel: A Critical Survey and Filmography. Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Company. 2001. 249pp.
Gordon Kahn. Hollywood on Trial: The Story of the Ten Who Were Indicted. New York: Boni & Gaer. 1948. 229pp. The ten are: Alvah Bessie, Lester Cole, John Howard Lawson, Dalton Trumbo, Ring Lardner, Jr., Herbert Biberman, Adrian Scott, Samuel Ornitz, Albert Maltz, and Edward Dmytryk.
Helen Manfull (editor). Additional Dialogue: Letters of Dalton Trumbo, 1942-1962. New York: M.Evans and Co.. 1970. 576pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.709)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.1409)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.1254-56)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.1422)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.542)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1048)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.740)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications