Philosopher, Astronomer (c. 500 BC c. 428 BC)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Ruhi Muhsen Afnán. Zoroaster's Influence on Anaxagoras, the Greek Tragedians, and Socrates. Philosophical Library. 1969. 161pp.
Felix M. Cleve. The Philosophy of Anaxagoras. New York: King's Crown Press. 1949.
Patricia Curd (editor). Anaxagoras of Clazomenae: Fragments and Testimonia. University of Toronto Press. 2007. 279pp. A compilation of all known fragments, with annotations, and essays.
Daniel E. Gershenson; Daniel A. Greenberg. Anaxagoras and the Birth of Physics. New York, London, Toronto: Blaisdell Publishing Company. 1964. 538pp.
Malcolm Schofield. An Essay on Anaxagoras. Cambridge University Press. 2007. 200pp.
Sven-Tage Teodorsson. Anaxagoras' Theory of Matter. Acta Universitatis Gothoburgensis. 1982. 108pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.43)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.35)
- Greek and Latin Authors 800BC-1000AD (pp.19-20)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.18)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.5)
- A Biographical Dictionary of Scientists (p.11)
- Biographical Dictionary of Psychology (p.12)
- Who's Who in the Greek World (p.15)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.7)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.99)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications