|Marquis de Condorcet|
Philosopher, Mathematician (17-Sep-1743 29-Mar-1794)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Edward Goodell. The Noble Philosopher: Condorcet and the Enlightenment. Prometheus Books. 1994. 251pp.
Frank E. Manuel. The Prophets of Paris: Turgot, Condorcet, Saint-Simon, Fourier, and Comte. Harper & Row. 1965. 349pp.
Emma Rothschild. Economic Sentiments: Adam Smith, Condorcet, and the Enlightenment. Harvard University Press. 2001. 353pp.
J. Salwyn Schapiro. Condorcet and the Rise of Liberalism. New York: Harcourt, Brace. 1934. 311pp.
David Williams. Condorcet and Modernity. Cambridge University Press. 2004. 306pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.336)
- European Authors 1000-1900 (p.191)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.120)
- Biographical Dictionary of Psychology (p.83)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.114)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.101)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications