Business, Philanthropist (25-Nov-1835 11-Aug-1919)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Peter Krass. Carnegie. New York: John Wiley & Sons. 2002. 612pp.
Harold C. Livesay. Andrew Carnegie: And the Rise of Big Business. Scott, Foresman & Co.. 1975. 202pp.
David Nasaw. Andrew Carnegie. New York: Penguin. 2006. 878pp.
Les Standiford. Meet You in Hell: Andrew Carnegie, Henry Clay Frick, and the Bitter Partnership That Changed America. New York: Crown. 2005.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.180)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.264)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.178)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.124)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.121)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.116)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography (p.117)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.90)
- Movers & Shakers: The 100 Most Influential Figures in Modern Business (pp.143-45)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.102)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.144)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.72)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.87)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.42)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.107)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.77)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications