Historian (56 AD c. 120 AD)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jason P. Davies. Rome's Religious History: Livy, Tacitus and Ammianus on Their Gods. Cambridge University Press. 2004. 341pp.
William Bodham Donne. Tacitus. Edinburgh and London: William Blackwood and Sons. 1873. 194pp.
Holly Haynes. The History of Make-Believe: Tacitus on Imperial Rome. University of California Press. 2003. 231pp.
Ronald Mellor. Tacitus. Routledge. 1994. 211pp.
Ronald Syme. Tacitus. Clarendon Press. 1958. (2 vols.) 464pp. + 390pp.
A. J. Woodman. Tacitus Reviewed. Oxford University Press. 1998. 255pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1427)
- Greek and Latin Authors 800BC-1000AD (pp.415-20)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1002)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.475)
- Who's Who in the Roman World (pp.297-99)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.500)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.116)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications