|John of Salisbury|
Author, Diplomat (c. 1120 25-Oct-1180)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
R. W. Dyson. Normative Theories of Society and Government in Five Medieval Thinkers: St. Augustine, John of Salisbury, Giles of Rome, St. Thomas Aquinas, and Marsilius of Padua. Edwin Mellen Press. 2003. 314pp.
Cary J. Nederman. John of Salisbury. Arizona Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies. 2005. 100pp.
Clement C. J. Webb. John of Salisbury. Methuen. 1932. 186pp.
Michael Wilks (editor). The World of John of Salisbury. Basil Blackwell. 1984. 469pp. For the Ecclesiastical History Society.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.787)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.212)
- British Authors Before 1800 (p.292)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.262)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.280)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications