Jazz Musician (10-Oct-1917 17-Feb-1982)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Laurent De Wilde. Monk. PGW. 1998. 224pp.
Thomas Fitterling. Translated by Robert Dobbin. Thelonious Monk: His Life and Music. Berkeley Hills Books. 1997. 238pp.
Leslie Gourse. Straight, No Chaser: The Life and Genius of Thelonious Monk. Schirmer Books. 1997. 340pp.
Robin D. G. Kelley. Thelonious Monk: The Life and Times of an American Original. Free Press. 2009. 608pp.
Chris Sheridan. Brilliant Corners: A Bio-Discography of Thelonious Monk. Greenwood Publishing Group. 2001. 510pp.
Gabriel Solis. Monk's Music: Thelonious Monk and Jazz History in the Making. University of California Press. 2008. 239pp.
Rob Van der Bliek (editor). The Thelonious Monk Reader. Oxford University Press. 2001. 286pp.
- Official Website: http://www.monkzone.com/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.428)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.490)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1029)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.677)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.508)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.349)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.347)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications