Chemist, Doctor (11-Nov-1493 24-Sep-1541)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Manly Palmer Hall. The Mystical and Medical Philosophy of Paracelsus. Los Angeles, CA: The Philosophical Research Society, Inc.. 1964. 89pp.
Henry M. Pachter. Paracelsus: Magic into Science. New York: Henry Schuman. 1951.
Walter Pagel. Paracelsus: An Introduction to Philosophical Medicine in the Era of the Renaissance. Basel and New York: S. Karger. 1958.
Andrew Weeks. Paracelsus: Speculative Theory and the Crisis of the Early Reformation. Albany, NY: State University of New York Press. 1997.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1123)
- European Authors 1000-1900 (pp.701-03)
- The Catholic Encyclopedia (vol.11, pp.468-69)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.67)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.385)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.371)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.231)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.395)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.155)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications