Military (22-Oct-1734 26-Sep-1820)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John Stevens Cabot Abbott. Daniel Boone: The Pioneer of Kentucky. Dodd, Mead & Co.. 1874. 331pp.
John Edwin Bakeless. Daniel Boone. W. Morrow and Co.. 1939. 480pp.
Buffalo Bill. The History of the Wild West: Being the Complete Life and Thrilling Adventures of the Great Pioneer Heros Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett and Kit Carson. John R. Stanton. 1901. 400pp.
William Henry Bogart. Daniel Boone and the Hunters of Kentucky. Miller, Orton & Mulligan. 1854. 390pp.
Lawrence Elliott. The Long Hunter: A New Life of Daniel Boone. Reader's Digest Press. 1976. 242pp.
John Mack Faragher. Daniel Boone: The Life and Legend of an American Pioneer. Holt. 1992. 429pp.
Randell Jones. In the Footsteps of Daniel Boone. John F. Blair Publisher. 2005. 244pp.
Michael A. Lofaro. Daniel Boone: An American Life. University Press of Kentucky. 2003. 216pp.
Robert Morgan. Boone: A Biography. Chapel Hill, NC: Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill. 2007. 538pp.
J. Gray Sweeney. The Columbus of the Woods: Daniel Boone and the Typology of Manifest Destiny. Washington University Gallery of Art. 1992. 83pp.
Reuben Gold Thwaites. Daniel Boone. D. Appleton. 1913. 257pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.116)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.179)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.118)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.93)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.84)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.123)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.77)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.62)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.63)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.88)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.29)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications