Author (c. 620 BC c. 560 BC)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Joseph Jacobs. The Fables of Aesop: Selected, Told Anew with Their History Traced. London and New York: Macmillan & Co.. 1894. 222pp.
Ben Edwin Perry. Aesopica: A Series of Texts Relating to Aesop or Ascribed to Him or Closely Connected With the Literary Tradition That Bears His Name: Collected and Critically Edited, in Part Translated from Oriental Languages, With a Commentary and Historical Essay. Urbana, IL: University of Illinois Press. 1952. 765pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.6)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.5)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.5)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.12)
- Greek and Latin Authors 800BC-1000AD (p.9)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.8)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.10)
- Who's Who in the Greek World (p.3)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.4)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.32)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications