Military, Politician (29-Sep-106 BC 29-Sep-48 BC)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
William S. Anderson. Pompey, His Friends, and the Literature of the First Century B.C.. University of California Press. 1963. 87pp.
Peter Greenhalgh. Pompey: The Republican Prince. Weidenfeld and Nicolson. 1980. 267pp.
John Leach. Pompey the Great. Routledge. 1978. 265pp.
Beryl Rawson. The Politics of Friendship: Pompey and Cicero. Sydney University Press. 1978. 217pp.
Robin Seager. Pompey the Great: A Political Biography. Basil Blackwell. 1979. 209pp.
Pat Southern. Pompey the Great. Tempus. 2002. 192pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1179)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.602)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.818)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (p.355)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.402)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.547)
- Who's Who in the Roman World (pp.245-48)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications