Pianist, Jazz Musician (21-Aug-1904 26-Apr-1984)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Count Basie; with Albert Murray. Good Morning Blues: The Autobiography of Count Basie. Random House. 1985. 385pp.
Stanley Dance. The World of Count Basie. Da Capo Press. 1985. 399pp.
Chris Sheridan. Count Basie: A Bio-Discography. Greenwood Press. 1986. 1388pp.
Ken Vail. Count Basie: Swingin' the Blues, 1936-1950. Rowman & Littlefield. 2003. 112pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.47)
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.55)
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.38)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.50)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.113)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.73)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.41)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.33)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.44)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.63)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, pp.184-86)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.19)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.43)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.343)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications