Painter (1453 9-Aug-1516)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Ludwig von Baldass. Hieronymus Bosch. London: Thames & Hudson. 1960. 242pp. First English language edition (original 1943).
Jacques Combe. Translated by Ethel Duncan. Jheronimus Bosch. London: B. T. Batsford, Ltd.. 1946. 104pp. + plates
Robert L. Delevoy. Translated by Stuart Gilbert. Bosch: Biographical and Critical Study. Cleveland: World Publishing Co.. 1960. 142pp.
Carl Linfert. Hieronymus Bosch. New York: Harry N. Abrams. 1989. 128pp.
Charles de Tolnay. Hieronymous Bosch. New York: Reynal & Company/William Morrow. 1966. 453pp.
- The Mystery of Hieronymus Bosch
by Ingrid D. Rowland. The New York Review of Books, 18-Aug-2016.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.183)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.125)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.64)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.76)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.37)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.29)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.69)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications