Novelist (7-Feb-1812 9-Jun-1870)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John Carey. The Violent Effigy: A Study of Dickens' Imagination. London: Faber & Faber. 1973. 183pp.
Keith Hollingsworth. The Newgate Novel, 1830-1847: Bulwer, Ainsworth, Dickens & Thackeray. Wayne State University Press. 1963. 279pp.
Katharaine E. Wilkie. Charles Dickens: The Inimitable Boz. New York: Abelard-Schuman. 1970.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.416)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.66)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.157)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.200)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.114)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.271)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.147)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.166)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (pp.145-49)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.67)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.130)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.19)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.119)
- Literary Journalism: A Biographical Dictionary of Writers and Editors (p.63)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications