Religion (c. 672 AD 25-May-735 AD)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
George Hardin Brown. Bede the Venerable. Twayne. 1987. 153pp.
G. F. Browne. The Venerable Bede. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge. 1887. 192pp.
Scott DeGregorio. Innovation and Tradition in the Writings of the Venerable Bede. West Virginia University Press. 2006. 287pp.
N. J. Higham. (Re-)Reading Bede: The Ecclesiastical History in Context. Routledge. 2006. 279pp.
William David McCready. Miracles and the Venerable Bede. Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval Studies. 1994. 287pp.
A. Hamilton Thompson. Bede: His Life, Times and Writing. Oxford, England: Clarendon Press. 1935.
A. Hamilton Thompson (editor). Bede: His Life, Times, and Writings: Essays in Commemoration of the Twelfth Centenary of His Death. New York: Russell & Russell. 1966. 277pp.
Benedicta Ward. The Venerable Bede. Cistercian Publications. 1998. 156pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.41)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.126)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.45)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.32)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.88)
- British Authors Before 1800 (p.34)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.39)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.41)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.40)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.51)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.20)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.110)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications