Author (Sep-1660 24-Apr-1731)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Paula R. Backscheider. Daniel Defoe: Ambition & Innovation. University Press of Kentucky. 1986. 299pp.
Peter Earle. The World of Defoe. London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson. 1976. 353pp.
Francis Watson. Daniel Defoe: Men and Books. London: Longmans, Green & Co.. 1952. 240pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.399)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.63)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.110)
- British Authors Before 1800 (pp.146-48)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.260)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.140)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.159)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.89)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.139)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.64)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.19)
- Literary Journalism: A Biographical Dictionary of Writers and Editors (p.60)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications