Music Producer, Business (26-Dec-1940 16-Jan-2021)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Mick Brown. Tearing Down the Wall of Sound: The Rise and Fall of Phil Spector. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. 2007. 452pp.
John J. Fitzpatrick; James E. Fogerty. Collecting Phil Spector: The Man, the Legend, and the Music. Spectacle Press. 1991. 128pp.
Mark Ribowsky. He's a Rebel. Dutton. 1989. 339pp.
Carlton Smith. Reckless: Millionaire Record Producer Phil Spector and the Violent Death of Lana Clarkson. Macmillan. 2004. 352pp.
Dave Thompson. Wall of Pain: The Biography of Phil Spector. Sanctuary. 2004. 262pp.
Richard Williams. Out of His Head: The Sound of Phil Spector. Outerbridge & Lazard. 1972. 206pp.
- Official Website: http://www.philspector.com/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- New York Times Obituary [link]
- Encylopedia of Pop, Rock, and Soul (pp.631-32)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.685)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.461)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, p.471)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.353)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2021 Soylent Communications