Zoologist (16-Feb-1834 9-Aug-1919)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Wilhelm Bölsche. Translated by Joseph McCabe. Haeckel: His Life And Work. T. Fisher Unwin. 1906. 336pp.
Olaf Breidbach. Visions of Nature: The Art and Science of Ernst Haeckel. Prestel. 2006. 299pp.
Mario A. Di Gregorio. From Here to Eternity: Ernst Haeckel and Scientific Faith. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht. 2005. 637pp.
Daniel Gasman. The Scientific Origins of National Socialism: Social Darwinism in Ernst Haeckel and the German Monist League. American Elsevier. 1971. 208pp.
Robert J. Richards. The Tragic Sense of Life: Ernst Haeckel and the Struggle Over Evolutionary Thought. University of Chicago Press. 2008. 551pp.
Johannes Werner (editor). Translated by Ida Zeitlin. The Love Letters of Ernst Haeckel: Written Between 1898 and 1903. New York: Harper & Brothers. 1930. 298pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.648)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.225d)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.219)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.210)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.144)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.200)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications