Novelist (10-Jun-1915 5-Apr-2005)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jamal Assadi. Acting, Rhetoric, and Interpretation in Selected Novels by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Saul Bellow. Peter Lang. 2006. 188pp.
James Atlas. Bellow: A Biography. New York: Random House. 2000. 686pp.
Gerhard Bach (editor). The Critical Response to Saul Bellow. Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group. 1995. 392pp.
Gerhard Bach. Small Planets: Saul Bellow and the Art of Short Fiction. Michigan State University Press. 1999.
Jan Bakker. Fiction as Survival Strategy: A Comparative Study of the Major Works of Ernest Hemingway and Saul Bellow. Amsterdam, Netherlands: Rodopi. 1983. 220pp.
Walter Bigler. Figures of Madness in Saul Bellow's Longer Fiction. Pieterlen, Switzerland: Peter Lang Publishing. 1997. 208pp.
Malcolm Bradbury. Saul Bellow. London: Methuen & Co.. 1982. 110pp.
Jeanne Braham. A Sort of Columbus: The American Voyages of Saul Bellow's Fiction. Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press. 1984.
John Jacob Clayton. Saul Bellow: In Defense of Man. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press. 1979. 332pp.
Sarah Blacher Cohen. Saul Bellow's Enigmatic Laughter. Urbana, IL: University of Illinois Press. 1974. 242pp.
Gloria L. Cronin; Ben Siegel (editors). Conversations with Saul Bellow. Jackson, MS: University Press of Mississippi. 1994. 303pp.
Gloria L. Cronin. A Room of His Own: In Search of the Feminine in the Novels of Saul Bellow. Syracuse University Press. 2000. 224pp.
Gloria L. Cronin; Blaine H. Hall. Saul Bellow: An Annotated Bibliography. New York & London: Garland Publishing. 1987. 312pp. Second Edition.
Gloria L. Cronin; L. H. Goldman (editors). Saul Bellow in the 1980s: A Collection of Critical Essays. Michigan State University Press. 1989. 328pp.
Robert R. Dutton. Saul Bellow. Boston, MA: Twayne. 1983. 177pp.
Julia Eichelberger. Prophets of Recognition: Ideology and the Individual in Novels by Ralph Ellison, Toni Morrison, Saul Bellow, and Eudora Welty. Louisiana State University Press. 1999. 248pp.
Marianne M. Friedrich. Character and Narration in the Short Fiction of Saul Bellow. Peter Lang. 1995. 208pp.
Daniel Fuchs. Saul Bellow: Vision and Revision. Durham, NC: Duke University Press. 1984. 345pp.
Margaret Morganroth Gullette. Safe at Last in the Middle Years: The Invention of Midlife Progress Novel: Saul Bellow, Margaret Drabble, Anne Tyler, John Updike. University of California Press. 1988. 186pp.
Mark Harris. Saul Bellow: Drumlin Woodchuck. University of Georgia Press. 1980. 184pp. The author's pursuit to become Bellow's official biographer.
Kyung-Ae Kim. Quest for Salvation in Saul Bellow's Novels. Peter Lang. 1994.
Irving Malin. Saul Bellow and the Critics. New York University Press. 1967.
Irving Malin. Saul Bellow's Fiction. Carbondale, IL: Southern Illinois University Press. 1969.
Joseph F. McCadden. The Flight from Women in the Fiction of Saul Bellow. Boston, MA: University Press of America. 1981.
Ruth Miller. Saul Bellow: A Biography of the Imagination. New York: St. Martin's Press. 1991. 385pp.
Judie Newman. Saul Bellow and History. New York, NY: St. Martin's Press. 1984.
Robert G. Noreen. Saul Bellow: A Reference Guide. Farmington Hills, MI: Gale Group. 1978.
Keith Michael Opdahl. The Novels of Saul Bellow: An Introduction. University Park, PA: Pennsylvania State University Press. 1967. 200pp.
Ellen Pifer. Saul Bellow Against the Grain. University of Pennsylvania Press. 1994. 222pp.
M. Gilbert Porter. Whence the Power? The Artistry and Humanity of Saul Bellow. University of Missouri Press. 1974. 209pp.
M. A. Quayum; Sukhbir Singh (editors). Saul Bellow: The Man and His Work. New Delhi, India: B. R. Publications. 2000. 594pp.
Mohammad A. Quayum. Saul Bellow and American Transcendentalism. New York: Peter Lang Publishing. 2004. 288pp.
Eusebio L. Rodrigues. Quest for the Human: An Exploration of Saul Bellow's Fiction. London: Bucknell University Press. 1982. 288pp.
Nathan A. Scott, Jr.. Three American Moralists: Mailer, Bellow, Trilling. University of Notre Dame Press. 1973. 230pp.
B. A. Sokoloff; Mark E. Posner. Saul Bellow: A Comprehensive Bibliography. Folcroft, PA: Folcroft Press. 1971. 49pp. Limited to 150 copies
Tony Tanner. Saul Bellow. Edinburgh, Scotland: Oliver and Boyd. 1965. 120pp.
Stanley Trachtenberg (editor). Critical Essays on Saul Bellow. Boston, MA: G. K. Hall & Co.. 1979.
Harriet Wasserman. Handsom Is: Adventures with Saul Bellow: A Memoir by Harriet Wasserman. New York: Fromm International. 1997.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.79)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.58)
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.44)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.60)
- Who's Who in America 2000 (p.329)
- International Who's Who 1960 (p.73)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.130)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.61)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.134)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.53)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.85)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.25)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.47)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.111-14)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.65)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.39)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.38)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.93)
- Twentieth Century Authors, First Supplement (p.72)
- Who's Who in World Jewry 1965 (p.65)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.194)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.120)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.21)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.49)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.2)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications