|Joseph L. Mankiewicz|
Film Director (11-Feb-1909 5-Feb-1993)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Brian Dauth (editor). Joseph L. Mankiewicz: Interviews. University Press of Mississippi. 2008. 207pp.
Bernard F. Dick. Joseph L. Mankiewicz. Twayne. 1983. 179pp.
Kenneth L. Geist. Pictures Will Talk: The Life and Films of Joseph L. Mankiewicz. New York: Scribner's. 1978. 444pp.
Cheryl Bray Lower; R. Barton Palmer (editors). Joseph L. Mankiewicz: Critical Essays with an Annotated Bibliography and a Filmography. McFarland. 2001. 288pp.
John Russell Taylor. Joseph L. Mankiewicz: An Index to His Work. British Film Institute. 1960.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.262)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.921)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.358)
- Chambers Film and TV Handbook (p.214)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.352)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.321)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.263)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.557)
- The Hollywood.com Guide to Film Directors (p.561)
- The St. James Encyclopedia of Film Directors (pp.317-19)
- Who's Who in World Jewry 1965 (p.632)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.469)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.452)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.338)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications