Film Director (born 20-Mar-1957)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Cynthia Fuchs (editor). Spike Lee: Interviews. University Press of Mississippi. 2002. 228pp.
Spike Lee; with Kaleem Aftab. Spike Lee: That's My Story and I'm Sticking To It. W. W. Norton & Company. 2005. 320pp.
Spike Lee. Spike Lee's Gotta Have It: Inside Guerrilla Filmmaking. New York: Simon & Schuster. 1987.
Terry McMillan; et. al.. Five For Five: The Films of Spike Lee. New York: Stewart, Tabori & Chang. 1991. 215pp.
Gerald A. Powell, Jr.. A Rhetoric of Symbolic Identity: Analysis of Spike Lee's X and Bamboozled. University Press of America. 2004. 114pp.
Mark A. Reid (editor). Spike Lee's Do The Right Thing. Cambridge University Press. 1997. 176pp. Essays about the film.
- Twitter: @SpikeLee
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.875)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.835)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.327)
- Chambers Film and TV Handbook (p.192)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (pp.325-326)
- Contemporary North American Directors (pp.276-78)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.507)
- The Hollywood.com Guide to Film Directors (pp.496-501)
- The St. James Encyclopedia of Film Directors (pp.269-74)
- Celebrity Register 5th Issue (p.322)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.430)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.85)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.3, pp.122-24)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications