Novelist (1689 4-Jul-1761)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Terry Eagleton. The Rape of Clarissa: Writing, Sexuality and Class Struggle in Samuel Richardson. Oxford: Blackwell. 1982. 109pp.
Allen Michie. Richardson and Fielding: The Dynamics of a Critical Rivalry. Bucknell University Press. 1999. 264pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1238)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.200)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.317)
- British Authors Before 1800 (pp.434-36)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.870)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.422)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.570)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.257)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.443)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.24)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications