Football (28-May-1887 28-Mar-1953)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Lars Anderson. Carlisle vs. Army: Jim Thorpe, Dwight Eisenhower, Pop Warner, and the Forgotten Story of Football's Greatest Battle. New York City: Random House. 2007. 349pp.
Joseph Bruchac. Jim Thorpe: Original All-American. Dial Books/Walden Media. 2006. 277pp.
Bill Crawford. All American: The Rise and Fall of Jim Thorpe. Somerset, NJ: John Wiley & Sons. 2004. 284pp.
Jack Newcombe. The Best of the Athletic Boys: The White Man's Impact on Jim Thorpe. Doubleday. 1975. 250pp.
Guernsey Van Riper. Jim Thorpe: Indian Athlete. Bobbs-Merrill. 1956. 192pp.
Gene Schoor; with Henry Gilford. Jim Thorpe Story: America's Greatest Athlete. New York: Julian Messner. 1951. 186pp.
Robert W. Wheeler. Jim Thorpe: World's Greatest Athlete. University of Oklahoma Press. 1981. 320pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1119)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1457)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1037)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.732)
- American Lives: Sports (vol.2, pp.426-29)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.541)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, p.649)
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.883)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.273)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications