Scientist, Biologist (6-Aug-1881 11-Mar-1955)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Kevin Brown. Penicillin Man: Alexander Fleming and the Antibiotic Revolution. Stroud, Gloucestershire, England: Sutton Pub.. 2004. 300pp.
William Arthur Charles Bullock. The Man who Discovered Penicillin: A Life of Sir Alexander Fleming. London: Faber and Faber. 1963. 132pp.
J. G. Crowther. Alexander Fleming. Geneva: Edito-Service S.A.. 1971. 406pp.
Debabrata Dasagupta. The Great Horizon: Biography of Great Scientist Sir Alexander Fleming. New Delhi: Dolphin Books. 2004. 115pp.
Robert J. Fleming. Sir Alexander Fleming: A Personal Story of His Life by His Brother Robert. Self-published. 1960. 102pp.
Laurence James Ludovici. Fleming: Discoverer of Penicillin. London: A. Dakers. 1952. 223pp.
Gwyn MacFarlane. Alexander Fleming: The Man and the Myth. Harvard University Press. 1984. 304pp.
André Maurois. La vie de Sir Alexander Fleming. Montréal, Canada: Hachette Press. 1959. 304pp. Language: French.
John Rowland. The Penicillin Man: The Story of Alexander Fleming. New York: Roy Press. 1957. 155pp.
Kathryn Surrey. Sir Alexander Fleming. London: Cassell. 1959. 117pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.229)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.225)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.523)
- Obituaries from the Times 1951-1960 (pp.251-52)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.411)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography (p.239)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.180)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.124)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.170)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.199)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.137)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications