Sculptor (19-Feb-1876 16-Mar-1957)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Sidney Geist. Brancusi: The Sculpture and Drawings. New York: Harry N. Abrams. 1975. 200pp.
Carola Giedion-Welcker. Translated by Maria Jolas; Anne Leroy. Constantin Brancusi. New York: George Braziller. 1959. 240pp.
Ionel Jianu. Brancusi. Paris, France: Arted. 1963. 223pp. First English translation; also published in NY and London the same year.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.95)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.93)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.199)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.388)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.131)
- Obituaries from the Times 1951-1960 (p.95)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.69)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.84)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.31)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.81)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.69)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications