Military (26-Mar-1914 18-Jul-2005)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Renata Adler. Reckless Disregard: Westmoreland v. CBS et al., Sharon v. Time. Random House. 1986. 243pp.
Burton Benjamin. Fair Play: CBS, General Westmoreland, and how a Television Documentary Went Wrong. Harper & Row. 1988. 218pp.
Bob Brewin. Vietnam on Trial: Westmoreland vs. CBS. Atheneum. 1987. 414pp.
Ernest B. Furgurson. Westmoreland: The Inevitable General. Little, Brown. 1968. 347pp.
Don Kowet. A Matter of Honor: General William C. Westmoreland versus CBS. New York: Macmillan. 1984. 317pp.
Lewis Sorley. Westmoreland: The General Who Lost Vietnam. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. 2011. 416pp.
William Westmoreland. A Soldier Reports. New York: Doubleday. 1976. 446pp.
Samuel Zaffiri. Westmoreland: A Biography of General William C. Westmoreland. New York: William Morrow. 1994. 502pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1203)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.748)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1118)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (p.440)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.791)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.785)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.137)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications