Photographer (26-May-1895 11-Oct-1965)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Pierre Borhan. Dorothea Lange: The Heart and Mind of a Photographer. Little, Brown. 2002. 264pp.
George P. Elliott. Dorothea Lange. Garden City: Doubleday. 1966. 112pp. For the Museum of Modern Art, New York City.
Milton Meltzer. Dorthea Lange: A Photographer's Life. New York: Farrar, Straus & Giroux. 1978. 359pp.
Karin Becker Ohrn. Dorothea Lange and the Documentary Tradition. Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press. 1980. 277pp.
Elizabeth Partridge (editor). Dorothea Lange. Smithsonian Institution Press. 1994. 176pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.423)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.399)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.857)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.605)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.421)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.269)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.311)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.64)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications