|Wallace Hume Carothers|
Chemist (27-Apr-1896 29-Apr-1937)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Yasu Furukawa. Inventing Polymer Science: Staudinger, Carothers, and the Emergence of Macromolecular Chemistry. University of Pennsylvania Press. 1998. 310pp.
Matthew E. Hermes. Enough for One Lifetime: Wallace Carothers, Inventor of Nylon. Washington, DC: American Chemical Society. 1996. 345pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Webster's American Biographies (p.179)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.145)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.122)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.88)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.127)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.183)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.42)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.123)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications