Author (29-Dec-1893 29-Mar-1970)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Paul Berry; Mark Bostridge. Vera Brittain: A Life. London: Chatto & Windus. 1995. 581pp.
Alan Bishop; Mark Bostridge (editors). Letters from a Lost Generation: The First World War Letters of Vera Brittain and Four Friends, Roland Leighton, Edward Brittain, Victor Richardson, Geoffrey Thurlow. Northeastern University Press. 1999. 427pp.
Vera Brittain. Testament of Youth: An Autobiographical Study of the Years 1900-1925. New York: Macmillan Company. 1933. 661pp.
John Catlin. Family Quartet: Vera Brittain and her family. Hamish Hamilton. 1987. 188pp.
Deborah Gorham. Vera Brittain: A Feminist Life. University of Toronto Press. 2000. 330pp.
Geoffrey Handley-Taylor (editor). Selected Letters of Winifred Holtby and Vera Brittain, 1920-1935. A. Brown. 1960. 384pp.
Jean E. Kennard. Vera Brittain and Winifred Holtby: A Working Partnership. University Press of New England. 1989. 224pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.136)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.72)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.78)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.137)
- Obituaries from the Times 1961-1970 (p.101)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.64)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.88)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.33)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications