Activist (2-Oct-1869 30-Jan-1948)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Uma Dhupelia-Mesthrie. Gandhi's Prisoner? The Life of Gandhi's Son Manilal. New Delhi: Permanent Black. 2005. 419pp.
Arun Gandhi; Sunanda Gandhi. The Forgotten Woman: The Untold Story of Kastur, Wife of Mahatma Gandhi. Zark Mountain. 1998. 314pp.
Mahatma Gandhi. An Autobiography or the Story of My Experiments with Truth. Ahmedebad: Navajivan Publishing. 1927.
David Hardiman. Gandhi in His Time and Ours: The Global Legacy of His Ideas. Columbia University Press. 2003. 338pp.
Joseph Lelyveld. Great Soul: Mahatma Gandhi and His Struggle with India. Alfred A. Knopf. 2011. 448pp.
Eleanor Morton. The Women in Gandhi's Life. New York: Dodd and Mead. 1953.
B. R. Nanda. Three Statesmen Gokhale, Gandhi, and Nehru. New Delhi: Oxford University Press. 2004.
G. B. Singh. Gandhi: Behind the Mask of Divinity. Amherst, NY: Prometheus Books. 2004. 355pp.
Stanley Wolpert. Gandhi's Passion: The Life & Legacy of Mahatma Gandhi. Oxford University Press. 2001. 308pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.256)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.244)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.565)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.382)
- A Biographical Dictionary of World War II (p.66)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.195)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.786)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.133)
- The Biographical Dictionary of World War II (p.176)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.213)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications