Economist (31-Jul-1912 16-Nov-2006)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Eamonn Butler. Milton Friedman: A Guide to His Economic Thought. Universe Books. 1985. 272pp.
Lanny Ebenstein. Milton Friedman: A Biography. New York: Palgrave Macmillan. 2007. 286pp.
William Johnson Frazer. Power and Ideas: Milton Friedman and the Big U-turn. Gulf/Atlantic Publishing Co.. 1988. 867pp.
Milton Friedman; Rose D. Friedman. Two Lucky People: Memoirs. University of Chicago Press. 1998. 660pp.
Robert J. Gordon (editor). Milton Friedman's Monetary Framework: A Debate with His Critics. University of Chicago Press. 1975. 192pp.
J. Daniel Hammond (editor). The Legacy of Milton Friedman as Teacher. E. Elgar Publishing. 1999. (2 vols.) 1192pp.
Abraham Hirsch; Neil de Marchi. Milton Friedman: Economics in Theory and Practice. University of Michigan Press. 1992. 336pp.
Elton Rayack. Not So Free to Choose: The Political Economy of Milton Friedman and Ronald Reagan. Praeger. 1987. 215pp.
John Cunningham Wood; Ronald N. Woods (editors). Milton Friedman: Critical Assessments. Routledge. 1990. (4 vols.) 2016pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- New York Times Obituary [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.406)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.242)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.236)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.550)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.370)
- Current Biography, 1969 Yearbook (pp.151-54)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.180)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.175)
- Who's Who in World Jewry 1965 (p.286)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.255)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.527)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.197)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.189)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.70)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.208)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.111)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications