Composer (born 31-Jan-1937)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Richard Kostelanetz; with Robert Flemming (editors). Writings on Glass: Essays, Interviews, Criticism. University of California Press. 1999. 376pp.
Wim Mertens. American Minimal Music: La Monte Young, Terry Riley, Steve Reich, Philip Glass. Broude. 1983. 128pp.
Keith Potter. Four Musical Minimalists: La Monte Young, Terry Riley, Steve Reich, Philip Glass. Cambridge University Press. 2000. 390pp.
- Official Website: http://www.philipglass.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Philip-Glass-197280947006687/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.550)
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.260)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.258)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.595)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.221)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.190)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.345)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.276)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.570)
- Portable Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians (pp.94-95)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.349)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.204)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.72)
- Thames & Hudson Encyclopedia of 20th Century Music (p.81)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.80)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications