Poet (8-Dec-1913 11-Jul-1966)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
James Atlas. Delmore Schwartz: The Life of an American Poet. New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux. 1977. 417pp.
Bruce Bawer. The Middle Generation: The Lives and Poetry of Delmore Schwartz, Randall Jarell, John Berryman and Robert Lowell. North Haven, CT: Archon Books. 1986. 216pp.
Adam Kirsch. The Wounded Surgeon: Confession and Transformation in Six American Poets. W. W. Norton. 2005. 256pp. The six are: Robert Lowell, Elizabeth Bishop, John Berryman, Randall Jarrell, Delmore Schwartz and Sylvia Plath.
Robert Phillips (editor). Letters of Delmore Schwartz. Ontario Review Press. 1984. 384pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.633)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1313)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.213)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.1249)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.675)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.922)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.653)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.287)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.13)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications