|George Gordon Meade|
Military (31-Dec-1815 6-Nov-1872)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Richard Meade Bache. Life of General George Gordon Meade: Commander of the Army of the Potomac. Philadelphia: H. T. Coates & Co.. 1897. 596pp.
Freeman Cleaves. Meade of Gettysburg. University of Oklahoma Press. 1960. 384pp.
George Meade. The Life and Letters of George Gordon Meade: Major-General United States Army. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons. 1913. Compiled by the General's son, and edited by his grandson.
Isaac R. Pennypacker. General Meade. New York: D. Appleton and Company. 1901. 402pp.
Ethan S. Rafuse. George Gordon Meade and the War in the East. McWhiney Foundation Press. 2003. 192pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.763)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.707)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (pp.283-85)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.500)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.492)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.227)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.661)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications