Poet (15-Nov-1887 5-Feb-1972)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Craig S. Abbott. Marianne Moore: A Descriptive Bibliography. University of Pittsburgh Press. 1977. 265pp.
Harold Bloom (editor). Marianne Moore: Comprehensive Research and Study Guide. Chelsea House Publishers. 2004.
Bonnie Costello. Marianne Moore: Imaginary Possessions. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press. 1981. 218pp.
Joanne Feit Diehl. Elizabeth Bishop and Marianne Moore: The Psychodynamics of Creativity. Princeton University Press. 1993. 140pp.
Bernard F. Engel. Marianne Moore. Boston, MA: Twayne Publishers. 1989.
Darlene E. Erickson. Illusion Is More Precise than Precision: The Poetry of Marianne Moore. University of Alabama Press. 1992.
Elizabeth Gregory (editor). The Critical Response to Marianne Moore. Greenwood Publishing Group. 2003. 320pp.
Pamela Hadas. Marianne Moore: Poet of Affection. Syracuse, NY: Syracuse University Press. 1977. 243pp.
Donald Hall. Marianne Moore: The Cage and the Animal. New York: Pegasus. 1970. 199pp.
Jeanne Heuving. Omissions Are Not Accidents: Gender in the Art of Marianne Moore. Wayne State University Press. 1992.
Elisabeth W. Joyce. Cultural Critique and Abstraction: Marianne Moore and the Avant-Garde. Bucknell University Press. 1998.
David Kalstone. Becoming a Poet: Elizabeth Bishop with Marianne Moore and Robert Lowell. London: The Hogarth Press. 1989. 299pp.
Linda Leavell. Critics and Poets on Marianne Moore: "A Right Good Salvo of Barks". Bucknell University Press. 2005.
Taffy Martin. Marianne Moore: Subversive Modernist. Austin, TX: University of Texas Press. 1986.
Jeredith Merrin. An Enabling Humility: Marianne Moore, Elizabeth Bishop, and the Uses of Tradition. Rutgers University Press. 1990.. 185pp.
Cristanne Miller. Marianne Moore: Questions of Authority. Harvard University Press. 1995.
Cristanne Miller. Cultures of Modernism: Marianne Moore, Mina Loy, and Else Lasker-Schuler: Gender and Literary Community in New York and Berlin. University of Michigan Press. 2005. 267pp.
Charles Molesworth. Marianne Moore: A Literary Life. Athaneum. 1990.
George W. Nitchie. Marianne Moore: An Introduction to the Poetry. Columbia University Press. 1972.
Elizabeth Phillips. Marianne Moore. New York: Frederick Ungar Publishing Co.. 1982. 254pp.
Guy Rotella. Reading and Writing Nature: The Poetry of Robert Frost, Wallace Stevens, Marianne Moore, and Elizabeth Bishop. Northeastern University Press. 1991. 253pp.
Robin G. Schulze. The Web of Friendship: Marianne Moore and Wallace Stevens. University of Michigan Press. 1996. 264pp.
John M. Slatin. The Savage's Romance: The Poetry of Marianne Moore. Pennsylvania State University Press. 1986.
Cynthia Stamy. Marianne Moore and China: Orientalism and a Writing of America. Oxford University Press. 1999. 220pp.
Laurence Stapleton. Marianne Moore: The Poet's Advance. Princeton University Press. 1978. 282pp.
Charles Tomlinson (editor). Marianne Moore: A Collection of Critical Essays. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. 1969.
Patricia C. Willis (editor). Marianne Moore: Women and Poet. National Poetry Foundation. 1990. 636pp.
Kirstin Hotelling Zona. Marianne Moore, Elizabeth Bishop, and May Swenson: The Feminist Poetics of Self-Restraint. University of Michigan Press. 2002.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.792)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.529)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.493)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.293)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.733)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.152)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.169)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.979)
- Current Biography, 1968 Yearbook (pp.265-68)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.505)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.700)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.512)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.331)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.352)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.756)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.223)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (pp.575-77)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.11)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications